Bridge Climb (90min)
Matagarup Bridge was not originally built for people to climb.
This is no ordinary walk up a bridge – this is a true climb! You will be required to undertake a physically demanding trek up 314 steps on a 45-degree angle and shimmy, slide and squeeze through tight spaces to reach the SkyView Deck – an open-air viewing platform 72 metres above the Swan River.
On arrival, check-in at Zip+Climb HQ before you undertake a safety induction and fitted with a full body harness, helmet and a bridge latch device with tether to ensure your safety at all times. Once you are clipped onto the bridge, the adventure begins! This is a challenging climb and not for the faint-hearted.
Your professional guide will escort you up the eastern side of the main arch to the midway point, allowing for the group to catch a collective breath. You will be entertained with interesting stories of the Swan River area as you are ascending the bridge.
The second part of the climb will take you to the summit. The SkyView Deck is an open-air viewing platform, complete with Perth’s first glass bottom platform, suspended 72 metres above the river. You will be 100% enclosed, allowing you to safely untether and walk around the deck to enjoy the 360 degree panoramic views of Perth. From this position, your guide will share more interesting stories about the city as you view it from an entirely new perspective. You will spend approx.15 mins at the Sky-View deck.
Descend the bridge down the western side of the main arch, walking past the zip-line platform where you will see those brave enough to take on the zip line. Once you return to the bridge, you will be escorted back to HQ to return your gear and receive your FREE photos of your memorable experience.
- Safety brief
- Kitting up and familiarisation of climbing equipment (harness, helmet, fall arrest system etc)
- Local history and tour commentary
- Treck up the western wishbone of Matagarup Bridge
- Pause half way up for rest and views
- Ascend to the glass floor Sky View platform
- Free time to relax and enjoy the 360 degree panorama.
- FREE photos of the tour
- Memories for a lifetime
- Min 8yo (Parental supervision for all 8yo-15yo)
- Max 75yo (over 75 with medical consent)
- Min 120cm (4ft)
- Max 210cm (7ft)
- Must be able to climb 45 degree angles
- Must be able to climb up 314 steps
- Must be able to squeeze through 35 cm spaces
- Must be able to manoeuvre body under low beams
- Max weight 120 kg (harness limit)
- Min weight 40 kg
- Medium level required. The climb is very steep and physically demanding. Please consider your personal fitness levels when deciding. Not recommended for the those with epilepsy, vertigo, recovering from surgery, respiratory issues and other health conditions. Refer Digital Waiver.
- We do not recommend the experiences for pregnancies over 21 weeks, however exceptions may be provided with an accompanied medical certificate.
- The min requirements are for safety but equally enjoyment. Please feel free to contact us if you wish to participate but personally vary from the recommendations above.
- We want everyone to be safe and reserve the right to breath test our climbers. A little is OK, but anything more and you won’t be allowed to climb and no refund will be offered. Refer T&C.