Zip-lines gift certificates can now be purchased.
Unfortunately, the Zip Line is not quite ready for riding. We saw an opportunity to improve the ride made the decision to make some variations to ensure the best possible visitor experience. WorkSafe will then need time to ensure the zip-line is 100% safe.
The goal is for riders to be wizzing down the line in March. Stay Tuned – and apologies for the delay.
The ultimate Perth adventure – Climb up, and zip down!
Matagarup Bridge was not originally built for people to climb. This is no ordinary walk up a bridge – this is a true climb. You will be required to undertake a physically demanding trek up 314-steps on a 45-degree angle and shimmy, slide and squeeze through tight spaces to reach the SkyView Deck – an open-air viewing platform 72 metres above the Swan River.
On arrival, check-in at Zip+Climb HQ before you undertake a safety induction and fitted with a full body harness, helmet and a bridge latch device with tether to ensure your safety at all times. Once you are clipped on to the bridge, the adventure begins! This is a challenging climb and not for the faint-hearted. You will also be provided with your zipline trolley, which will be harnessed to your back for your trek up the bridge (approx weight 600 grams).
Your professional guide will escort you up the eastern side of the main arch to the midway point, allowing for the group to catch a collective breath. You will be entertained with interesting stories of the Swan River area as you are ascending the bridge.
The second part of the climb will take you to the summit. The SkyView Deck is an open-air viewing platform, complete with Perth’s first glass bottom platform, suspended 72 metres above the Swan River. You will be 100% enclosed, allowing you to safely untether and walk around the deck to enjoy the 360 degree panoramic views of Perth. From this position, your guide will share more interesting stories about the city as you view it from an entirely new perspective. You will spend approx.15 mins at the Sky-View deck.
Descend the bridge down the western side of the main arch to the launch platform and prepare for an adrenaline rush. Your guide will safely prepare you for launch, double checking all equipment and when you are ready, take off and feel the thrill as you soar through the sky at up to 20 metres per second!
You will be brought in for a safe landing on the eastern banks of the Swan River via our state-of-the-art braking systems. You will be escorted back to HQ to return your gear and receive your FREE photos and video of your amazing experience.
- Safety brief
- Kitting up and familiarisation of climbing equipment (harness, helmet, fall arrest system etc)
- Local history and tour commentary
- Trek up the western wishbone of the Matagarup Bridge
- Pause half way up for rest and views
- Ascend to the glass floor SkyView platform
- Free time to relax and enjoy the 360 degree panorama.
- Zipline off Matagarup Bridge
- FREE photos of the tour
- Memories for a lifetime
- Min 10yo (Parental supervision for all 10yo-15yo)
- Max 75yo (over 75 with medical consent)
- Min 120cm (4ft)
- Max 210cm (7ft)
- Must be able to climb 45 degree angles
- Must be able to climb up 314 steps
- Must be able to squeeze through 35 cm spaces
- Must be able to manoeuvre body under low beams
- Max weight 120 kg (harness limit)
- Min weight 40 kg
- Medium level required. The climb is very steep and physically demanding. Please consider your personal fitness levels when deciding.
- Not recommended for the those with epilepsy, vertigo, recovering from surgery, respiratory issues and other health conditions.
- Refer Digital Waiver.
- We do not recommend the experiences for pregnancies over 21 weeks, however exceptions may be provided with an accompanied medical certificate.
- The min requirements are for safety but equally enjoyment. Please feel free to contact us if you wish to participate but personally vary from the recommendations above.
- Dress weather appropriate
- No open-toe shoes
- No exposed stomach (harness will rub)
- We want everyone to be safe and reserve the right to breath test our zipliners. A little is OK, but anything more and you won’t be allowed to climb and no refund will be offered.
For our full Terms & Conditions, please head to http://zipclimb.com.au/terms-and-conditions
For our full FAQ’s, please head to http://zipclimb.com.au/frequently-asked-questions/